Osteopathy for Athletes & Sports Injuries
Osteopathic Consultation enables:
- Careful and comprehensive case history taking;
- A thorough and detailed physical examination and assessment encompassing Osteopathic principles and advanced level of knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology;
- Clinical examinations of CVS, Respiratory, GIT, Neurological systems etc.,
- A thorough assessment of Posture when standing, seated, lying down;
- Assessment of running and walking Gait – adapted to the specific training needs of the athlete and sport;
- Precise and detailed Osteopathic examination of localised injury site in the context of the whole person;
- Consideration of lifestyle; diet; nutrition; sleep pattern; emotional well-being;
- Clear explanation of the nature of injury/illness and how to achieve best outcomes for healing and resolution;
- Advice tailored to the needs of the individual athlete in the context of their Sport and training programme to optimise recovery;
- Follow up with advice.
- Onward referral to specialist/physician where appropriate.
Carolyn McGregor enjoys fell-walking; mountains; climbing; sea swimming; bare foot running; cycling; Cornish Pilot gig rowing.
Case history taking encompasses a detailed understanding of your specific sport and training programme and the principles of particular movements which may be predisposing you to; or maintaining injury. Osteopathic assessment and Osteopathic examination will consider and further your current knowledge and further develop your training programme for enhanced well-being and self-healing and motivation to inspire and impact in gentle and profound ways upon your life.
Osteopathic principles and practice encompass and utilise a profound, gentle and wise application of the hands using palpation skills, for the ‘listening hands’ of the Osteopath permit a deeper listening and understanding of the body tissues and the inter-relationship of the anatomy and physiology, health and well-being of the person. Osteopathic principles and techniques are adapted to each individual.
An experienced fell-walker who turned her love for the mountains into exploring and developing her love for climbing; Carolyn McGregor maintains a passion for wild places, nature and living in such landscapes. Map reading and navigation skills for mountains was furthered by developing skills in marine navigation; weather skills for the mountains and sea, developing wild camping and bush craft understanding which enabled solo travel by sea kayak along the Norwegian coast-line, fjiords and mountains during 2007 and Carolyn has continued her quiet journeys in wild places ever since.
For enquiries and to Book a Consultation contact Carolyn McGregor BSc (Ost.,)., BA Div (Hons)., RSHom., on mobile: 07766330489 or via the website Contact Page
Osteopathy for You – Healing the Whole Person in Spirit and by Touch
Carolyn McGregor is registered with the General Osteopathic Council; The Institute of Osteopaths and The Society of Homeopaths